Zoodles with Quinoa & Poached Egg
- 1 ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, spiralized
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tsp oregano or mixed herbs
- 2 medium sized eggs, poached
- 1 sprinkle chilli flakes to taste
- Divide the cooked quinoa onto 2 plates.
- Heat half the oil in a pan on medium heat. Sauté the garlic for 1-2 mins then add the zucchini noodles (zoodles), cook for another 3-4 mins stirring often. Towards the end of cooking, season with salt and pepper and herbs. Add the zoodles onto the plates.
- On the same pan, heat the other half of the oil and cook the cherry tomatoes for2-3 mins. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Add to the quinoa and zoodles.
- To serve, top the zoodles with a poached egg and season with chlli flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
Did you make this recipe? Tell me what you thought in the comments below.
Track this new habit:
By making this recipe, you’re creating a healthier you! Be sure to check off this healthy habit in your Daily 9 Healthy Habits Tracker (download yours for free here).