Turmeric Chickpea Stuffed Eggplant
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas drained
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ lime lime juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp cilantro chopped
- ⅓ tsp paprika
- Heat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Cut the eggplants in half lengthwise, place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 – 30 minutes.
- Once baked, remove the flesh with a spoon, leaving about ¼ inch (1/2 cm) of the edges of the eggplant.
- Chop the eggplant flesh and set aside.
- Heat a pan with 2 tbsp. of olive oil, add the chopped onion and finely chopped garlic, fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the chopped flesh, and season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes stirring often.
- Next add the turmeric, oregano, cumin, cilantro, and paprika. Fry for another 2-3 minutes, adding water as needed to avoid burning.
- Add the chopped parsley and take off the heat.
- Finally, add the chickpeas, tahini and lime juice, mix, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the stuffing into the halved cooked eggplants and serve with fresh chopped parsley.