This stress-busting recipe is based on our 13 Stress-Busting Foods over in our blog, Eating for Stress Management. We made it easy for you by combining the top foods into one delicious recipe.
Stress-busting Kale Salad
For the Salad:
- ½ head broccoli
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1¼ cup kale
- 1¼ cup mixed salad greens preferably with spinach
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup almonds preferably roasted & chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey Optional, and to taste. Remove if vegan.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the broccoli florets on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 15-20 mins until soft, add the kale in the last 10 mins of cooking, then remove from the oven.
- Place the broccoli, kale and salad leaves in a mixing bowl and add in the almonds and blueberries. Mix gently.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients and drizzle on the salad.
- Mix well before serving.
Track this new habit:
By making this recipe, you’re creating a healthier you! Be sure to check off this healthy habit in your Daily 9 Healthy Habits Tracker (download yours for free here).