Black Bean Brownies
- 1 can black beans 15 ounces
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate protein powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar or monk fruit sugar
- 2 tbsp flax meal (ground flax seeds)
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract organic
- ¼ cup chocolate chips sugar-free, dairy-free (Optional)
- ¼ cup walnuts, organic (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Grease only 9 holes in a 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons of flaxmeal with 4 tablespoons of water. This is the vegan egg replacement. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Blend the coconut sugar or monk fruit sugar in a blender until it forms a powder.
- Drain and rinse your black beans. Pour them into the blender with the sugar.
- Now add in the cocoa powder, baking powder, protein powder, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- Turn on the blender and blend on low until the mixture forms a smooth batter.
- [OPTIONAL] Pour the batter into a bowl and fold in your chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour the batter equally into the greased muffin tin.
- Place the tin into the oven and bake for 25-28 minutes (they will be a bit fudgy in the middle).
- Remove the tin from the oven and place onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Top as desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.