This throw-together salad will have your family and guests raving. Plus, it’s full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats so you’ll be happy knowing it’s keeping your blood sugar balanced – which keeps you feeling satiated and full of energy. Learn more about the power of blood sugar balance for everyone here.
Veggie ‘Throw Together’ Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- ⅔ cup chickpeas drained
- 1 tbsp. olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup arugula
For the Dressing:
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey (Remove if vegan)
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C).
- Wash and chop the potato into bite-size pieces, then place on a baking tray with the chickpeas.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 mins.
- Add the asparagus in the last 10 mins of roasting.
- In the meantime, prepare the dressing by mixing all the dressing.
- Place spinach, kale, and argula in a bowl and rub the dressing into the leaves.
- Once the roasted veggies are ready, divide the salad between bowls and top with the baked sweet potato, chickpeas, and asparagus. Serve hot or cold.
Track this new habit:
By making this recipe, you’re creating a healthier you! Be sure to check off this healthy habit in your Daily 9 Healthy Habits Tracker (download yours for free here).